As exciting as it is, Tinder still fails to offer the perfect experience the social Elite is looking for. From waisting time scrolling through hundreds of “inadequate” profiles, bumping into creeps and never finding that perfect Goldman Sachs match you’ve been dreaming about, a lot of affluent and wealthy singles are losing interest in regular dating apps and searching for an alternative that matches the standards of the crème de la crème of society.
Believe it or not, the alternative is here, but there are 75,000 people waiting in front of you to get in so you’ll have to hold on a bit more before scrolling through profiles of Ivies and top ranking executives around the globe.
The app, called The League, was founded by Stanford graduate Amanda Bradford and already raised over $2 million in VC funding. The catch is that, unlike Tinder, The League curates its user database so as to only allow “ambitious” and elite people to join the very exclusive community. You don’t have to be in the top 1% according to Amanda to make the cut (although that helps), but as long as you’re ambitious and have a stellar background of achievements, you’re most likely going to make it past the selection committee.
According to Business Insider, the app does’t use the same modus operandi as Tinder.
Unlike Tinder or Hinge, you can’t just download The League and begin swiping through profiles. Instead, Bradford’s app uses an algorithm to decide who’s cool enough to join the crème de la crème of single people.
On its website, The League makes its case for why you should download their app:
- You’re smart, busy & ambitious. You don’t need a dating app to get a date – you’re too popular as it is. But you should join The League – here’s why:
- Keep It Classy. We hide your profile from friends, business contacts & coworkers – the whole office doesn’t have to know you’re on the prowl.
- You Deserve the Best. We’re not saying Tinder doesn’t have its uses (hello Vegas!) but why not spend your time a little more…intelligently?
- Your Time Is Valuable. We get it. You’re super picky and constantly overcommitted. Tell us your preferences and let us do the scouting.
- Skip the Vetting. Let’s admit it – we all do ‘research’ via social media. We’ll show you their bio up front, so that when you swipe right, you mean it.
Interested in meeting your next Hillary Clinton or your future Elon Musk? Then definitely consider joining The League!
Photo Credit: www.townandcountrymag.com