Success, a complex word that is defined in so many different ways for so many different people. But nevertheless, facing difficulties and barriers on our way to the top is a common denominator every single entrepreneur faces in the pursuit of success. Though what separates the weak from the strong, the successful from the mediocre, is the actual ability, the habit, of doing what others won’t do. We all have dreams, we can all fantasize about waking up in the Bahamas one morning and falling asleep in Paris in the next – yet so many fail to reach their high-minded goal.
It’s no big secret, to accomplish your goals requires taking on the impossible and facing the unpredictable. It requires dedication, perseverance and boldness to face the difficult tasks and functions so many people dodge or “overlook” due to their lack of courage or “success stamina”.
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
Facing what nobody dares to face over and over again is what defines a characters’ unique traits and generates those unimaginable results people only dream of. It’s those successful people who perceive success, not as some sort of tangible product, but as a lifestyle. Here are the 20 most difficult things you have to do in order to achieve success:
1. Don’t be afraid to end non-beneficial friendships.
2. Let the doubters taste their victory by making mistakes before proving them wrong in the long run.
3. Screw the ‘fake it ’till you make it” prophecy, focus and believe on only making it.
4. Adopt the idea of “the greater the risk, the greater the reward” to direct your actions.
5. Always maintain a self-worth even though nobody might see your value.
6. Don’t be afraid to fail with your head held up high.
7. Wake up before anybody else.
8. Discuss ideas, not people.
9. Invest more than your returns at first.
10. Rather Over-deliver than to Over-promise.
11. Never underestimate and respect the competition.
12. Sacrifice the good now to attain better in the future.
13. Put your pride aside, and ask for help and guidance.
14. Don’t over complicate in order for people to share your vision.
15. Learn to accept fear and insecurity as inescapable feelings.
16. Always track your finance down to the pennies.
17. Adapt to change and embrace shifts.
18. Always trust your gut feeling.
19. Don’t place money on a pedestal.
20. Kill the doubters with your smile and burry them with your success.
Picture Credit: The Aviator